Dr M Sree Prathap, MBBS, MRCPsych
Chairman and Medical director
- Dr. Sree Prathap is a Consultant Psychiatrist with more than 18 years of clinical work experience in psychiatry. (both in India and UK)
- He is the chairman and founder of Shadithya hospital in pallavaram, Chennai.
- He is a gold medalist in Psychiatry (Dr. Venkoba Rao Gold medal) and also owns the Pfizer award for the best outgoing doctor of his undergraduate college in the year 1998.
- He has worked in the UK from 2001 till 2014 and gained experience in various specialties of psychiatry.
- He has sub-specialised in Geriatric Psychiatry and Dementia care management. He is one of the few Psychiatrists in India, with huge experience in running a specialized memory clinic for people with different types of dementia.
- He is a licensed CBT therapist and able to offer CBT treatments for anxiety & depression.
- He has authored four books on MRCPsych clinical exams and is a keen postgraduate teacher.
- He is a successful entrepreneur and founder of the SPMM Course (http://spmmcourse.com). He is passionate about teaching and runs post graduate training courses for psychiatric doctors sitting for their MRCPsych exams in the UK.
- He runs an online training course for doctors sitting for FRANZCP exams in Australia & New Zealand and he is one of the directors of this course.
- His areas of special interest include Postgraduate medical education.
- He runs his own you tube channel called ‘Psychiatrist Prathap’ through he does a lot of public education work regarding various mental health conditions.
Dr V. Mythili Prathap, MBBS, MRCPsych
Associate medical director
- Dr. Mythili Prathap is a Consultant Psychiatrist with more than 16 years of clinical work experience in psychiatry.
- She has worked in UK from 2002 till 2013 and gained experience in various specialties of psychiatry including General Adult Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry.
- She has worked in a specialised Eating Disorders unit, Personality Disorder Service, and Brain Injury & Rehabilitation Psychiatry in the UK. In addition, she has obtained formal training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
- She is one of the directors of SPMM Course Ltd which runs post graduate training courses for Psychiatric Doctors sitting for their MRCPsych exams in the UK
- Her areas of special interest include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry and Neuropsychiatry.
- Being a mother of two children, she greatly enjoys working with children and their families with psychiatric disorders, and brings a change in their lives through advice, supportive counselling and education.
- We are a group of psychiatrists who have obtained formal psychiatric training in London and worked in the UK for more than a decade in different subspecialties of psychiatry.
- Our vision is to offer excellent treatment and care for people with psychiatric disorders of all age groups, from children to older adults and instill hope in terms of their recovery.
- We have a purpose built inpatient unit/ward for patients who are acutely mentally unwell, needing a hospital admission.
- We have a dedicated drug and alcohol de-addiction service focused on detoxification, long term recovery and relapse prevention.
- We have a highly specialised memory assessment service for people with memory problems, a unique service and the first one of its kind in Chennai.
- Our service involves assessment, treatment (short term and long term) and rehabilitation of mental health disorders.
- We aim to provide tailored treatment based on the individual needs of patients and their families.
- We are good listeners and excellent communicators. We respect and treat patients in a dignified way.
- We adopt good medical practice principles like seeking consent from patients, and maintaining confidentiality, in terms of information shared about patients.
- We have a good record keeping arrangement in place via a robust hospital management system.
Why choose Shadithya Hospital?
- Shadithya hospital is an ecofriendly purpose built, fully airconditioned hospital. Special care has been taken to provide safe and soothing ambience to the people who use our services.
- Treatment across various settings – outpatient clinics, inpatient wards and the community.
- Dedicated home treatment team for patients who are difficult to engage.
- Crisis helpline to offer support to our patients.
- Telepsychiatry consultations via internet for patients and families.
- Adopting a biopsychosocial model of treatment focusing not just on medications but also on education to patient, family work, and talking treatments such as CBT.
- Multidisciplinary team approach involving psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, occupational therapy & trained counsellors.
- Working closely in liaison with medical specialties, particularly neurology, general medicine, paediatrics and geriatrics.