- We offer Family therapy for dysfunctional families who are struggling to understand how their behaviour influences other members of the family.
- Family Therapy see families as systems where every member’s behaviour impacts on other members and this in turn changes their behaviour which further impacts on other members.
- The goals are for members of the family to gain an understanding of how the others experience and think about their behaviour and their emotional responses.
- In turn an understanding develops about how these perceptions contribute to certain behaviours and how those are in turn perceived by other members of the family.
- Approaches and specific interventions included within Family Therapy have included:-
– Psychoeducation about psychiatric disorders
– Recognising precipitating stressors
– Recognising relapse signatures
– Structured problem solving
– Communication skills training
– Stress management